Sunday, December 16, 2012

Some interesting quotes that triggered great thought by good people


I love reading people's quotes, and I love exploring the etymology behind each one, when ever possible...

The following quotes were just found today, and I think they are inspiring to the mind; food for thought, such as it were...
~ Vince ~ 



"The saddest thing for a girl to do is dumb herself down for a guy." -- Emma Watson


"Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you." -- Albus Dumbledore


"Too many people are living in a prison that they have themselves manufactured."
-- Michael Beckwith


"Young girls are told you have to be the delicate princess. Hermione taught them that you could be the warrior." -- Emma Watson


"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." -- Edgar Allan Poe


"Humans have a knack for choosing precisely the things that are worst for them." -- J. K. Rowling


"If God were suddenly condemned to live the life which He has inflicted upon men, He would kill Himself." -- Alexandre Dumas


"A jury consists of twelve persons chosen to decide who has the better lawyer." -- Robert Frost


"I can’t tell you the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone." -- Ed Sheeran


“If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.” -- Malcolm X


“Today is your day. Your mountain is waiting so… get on your way.” -- Dr. Seuss


“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I’ve brought a big bat. I’m all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me.” -- Dr. Seuss


“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.” -- Dr. Seuss


“You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” -- Dr. Seuss


"That's the thing about pain... it demands to be felt." -- John Green


"All empty souls tend toward extreme options." -- William Butler Yeats


"Hearts are not to be had as a gift; hearts are to be earned." -- William Butler Yeats


"How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being." -- Oscar Wilde


"Women are made to be loved, not understood." -- Oscar Wilde


"Who, being loved, is poor?" -- Oscar Wilde


"I think it's very healthy to spend time alone. You need to know how to be alone and not be defined by another person." -- Oscar Wilde


"Poets are always taking the weather so personally." -- J. D. Salinger


"Would you be in any way offended if I said that you seem to me to be in every way the visible personification of absolute perfection?" -- Oscar Wilde


"It is a risk to love. What if it doesn't work out? Ah, but what if it does." -- Peter McWilliams










No comments:

Post a Comment