Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I've been thinking of my deceased step daughter Ariel today



I've been thinking of my deceased step daughter Ariel today...

Does anyone else remember the movie The Abyss? In that movie, the divers were using liquid oxygen to breathe under water.

I just had a strange flashback to that movie while watching House, season 8, episode 2:  "Transplant", where a woman was in need of a double lung transplant, and House had to cure a set of lungs of excessive smoke inhalation which were organ donated by a boy in his late teens or early twenties upon his death.

I often wonder how far medical science has progressed and if we have that ability yet, the ability to create liquid oxygen which can be used for breathing, which could also possibly be used for treating lung problems, by mixing medicines into the liquid oxygen.

I wonder how feasible it would be to counteract -- not necessarily cure -- lung diseases like Cystic Fibrosis by using liquid oxygen to clean the lungs once per month of all the mucus so that the airways in the body do not get clogged.

I have also been wondering if it would just be possible to remove the mucus glands and stop the body from producing mucus, and if that would further cause harm or if it would help resolve the issue, or if the disease would just manifest itself in another form afterwards, to compensate for the loss of a way to escape the body. Maybe it would change to feces backing up in the body, which would create sepsis or worse...I don't know, I am not a doctor, but I am someone whose mind thinks outside the box all too frequently....

Anyway, I have done a lot of reading on CF over the last 6 or 7, although I had stopped reading after her death this past June, I think I still want to read more though...any awareness that I can create for others as well as for myself would still be beneficial...

I think I am going to see about doing the walk for a cure that my ex wife used to do every year....I think finding sponsors to help with the walk and to help raise funds would be the best way to go...maybe find some corporate sponsorship for the walk to help raise money and awareness some how....

We all feel a tad bit Lilliputian on the grander scale when we think of death and all the medical issues which we do not have cures for, such as Aids, Cancer, Epilepsy, Cystic Fibrosis, Diabetes, etc., especially when we see people dying around us and on TV all the time...

I think I need to end this here...I will revisit this another time....

~ Vince ~ 





No comments:

Post a Comment