Sunday, July 22, 2012

I really do miss home



I really do miss home, and wish I could make it back, just for three or four days...Devil's Night, Halloween, All Saints, El Dia De Los Muertos...those four days would be great fun....

Devil's Night, I would eat and enjoy being home, and I would spend time by the ocean, remembering the smell and feel of the sand and the water washing over my feet while eating the best beach pizza ever...

Halloween would see me in Salem MA, after I had eaten my breakfast at the Early Bird Cafe in Plaistow NH. I would make sure that when I went down to Salem for Halloween that I had a couple of Benedetti's Subs with me for lunch and/or dinner in a cooler or something....yummm...

Then, after the ceremonies and festivities were over for the night in Salem, I would find my way back into Plaistow NH and pay homage to my grandparents, my Nanna and my Nanu, then to Haverhill once more to pay my respects to my Grumpy (mom's dad).

The next day -- November 1st -- would find me in Portsmouth NH scouring records for my Zangari line. After, I would go to Athol MA and Leominster MA to search for my mom's family. After that, I would make my way out further into Western Mass and would go to Watertown MA, to do a little more digging in the Zangari tree.

On November 2nd, I would start in Haverhill MA, and I would go visit all my family's grave sites, quickly cataloging them, making charcoal rubbings of their tombstones as well as taking some hi res photos to mark their memory in time for ever.

I would leave a flower behind on each of their sites, to let them know they are remembered and honored in my memory and family history. I would then leave Haverhill MA and head to Maine (to research some more of my mother's family origins) and far up into Vermont, to Beecher Falls, on the Canadian border, to track down my Nanna's family and roots.

I would bid good bye to the eastern seaboard by taking a flight out of Maine or Vermont, and head straight back to PHX...ahhh....that would be nice....

The only thing that could top that off is if I could bring my children along for the visit with family and friends and so they could experience the love that I have for my home...

*sigh*

 Many more years before that will happen, I suppose....

 ~ finis ~

No comments:

Post a Comment